Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

WIP'S day

Hi there everyone,
First up I notice that I have a new follower so welcome to Sarah Lizzie, great to have you along, I've also been in touch with Dominique from Bedford, Nova Scotia after leaving a comment on her blog, this is what I love about blogging and quilting you meet all the nicest people:-))) They both have great blogs so do drop in and say Hi won't you?.
The good news is thankfully my 'poorly' DD is now all recovered from the dreadful virus that she had, AND my 'poorly car is all better too (Whoo Hoo and Yippee!!)
Today has been spent as a WIP's day, I don't have many of those (WIP days I mean not actual WIPs I have FAR to many of those to mention!! LOL) On Saturday last I went to the Summer SVQ Sewing Day and made a 'proper' start on my Coaster Swap, I now have my swap partner, Irene from Great Yarmouth, we have been in touch to introduce ourselves which was great fun! I had already sorted out some nice bright fabrics, (Irene said to I could 'do my own thing') and traced off all the pattern pieces onto bond a web so on Saturday I cut them out and got them all onto the background squares, the backs of the Coasters are pieced so today I made 4 x 5" pieced blocks which if I say so myself all came out OK. The wadding is cut and hopefully some of the machine quilting will be done tomorrow. Here's a sneaky peek, but I'm trying to not give too much away!!
Next up on the WIP list is this little Wall hanging, which I made as a sample in 2009, I was asked to run a Stained Glass Workshop by some of my friends and I wanted an original idea. I found this greeting card at the Malvern spring show and used that as my inspiration
Early 20th Century Tile from the collection of the Taggart Tile Museum Cambridge
my interpretation, sorry the colours look a washed out here.
This is a photo of a finished wall-hanging made by Innes at the workshop
 I'm in the process of knitting a baby blanket in a pretty lavender 4 ply yarn, it's only a 12 row pattern but I'm taking it slowly, so I get up early and work on it, I did try taking it to Knit and Knatter, but got in a muddle and sat in bed later that night and unpicked about 2" (YES! I'm really that sad I knit in bed some nights!) and it's fatal to try in front of the TV, I want to get it done by beginning of September then I can enter it in the local Flower Show on the 7th.
On Monday I took the plunge and went back to Slimming World and joy of joys I had only put on about 4pounds since January, a bit LOT less than I anticipated, I got really bad at going during the stress of the early part of the year and then stopped altogether at the end of March. As an added measure I have also started walking again, I love the early morning walks I take when Ted is staying so I decided to start doing that again, I get up around 6.30am have a quick cuppa and off I go, I walk for around 20 minutes then home for brekkie, more tea and a spot of knitting! On Saturday I'm off by coach to the N.E.C. for the Festival of Quilts so I'll walk to the pick up point instead of trying to fit it in before I go, unless it's raining in which case DH will have to get up early and drop me off, then with all the walking around the show I should be able to have a rest day on Sunday.
Well that's me for today, I'll try to pop in with some F.O.Q. pictures next week, till then
Toodle Pip!

6 comments:

  1. That tile was great inspiration and it looks like a successful class. I'm not a fan of walking (unless I'm at a quilt show, of course!!) but I do have a beautiful rural area to walk in. Have a wonderful day! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Doreen
      Good to hear from you as always.

      Delete
  2. 'Tis a pleasure to follow your lovely blog!! Yes, it is a joy to meet fellow bloggers from all over the word isn't it. My you have a few WIP's in the pipeline.....I love the stained glass wall hanging....'tis very effective!! Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah
      Yes! there quite few in there :-(

      Delete
  3. maybe i will run into you at the NEC . loving the blog , Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      good to hear from you as always, shame we did not get together at the show, but wasn't it great?
      Perhaps next year????
      hugs
      l

      Delete