Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Monday 24 October 2011

Hi All!

On Thursday last I missed a programe I have been watching for around 5 weeks so I thought Hm mm it's on repeat on Monday so I'll watch it then - or so I thought!!  I have now discovered it's not on till 11pm!! now that's a bit late for Lil ol me but I have watched the whole series so far and I don't want to miss this episode, so how do I stay awake?? I know I'll go and talk my blogger friends.
Having added the Process Pledge Button to my site I thought I would show you some things I'm working on at the moment. Remember I showed you all those little 3/4" 'hexies' I made in August, just before I went off to the States, (I made 45 sets altogether, now there's 7 'hexies' in each flower, so 47 X 7 = ?? a LOT! ). Well! I didn't sew on the flight as planned but worked on them during the 'Retreat' part of the holiday, then a few more at an SVQ sewing afternoon, then they came with me to Devon last week and I sewed a few more so this is what I have so far,

 Having not done a Hexagon project before I was unsure how they would go together, so having found that occasionally there are 'natural gaps' I decided just to add random single hexagons in the spaces. I think I will make them into a Doll's Cot quilt for my darling GD, even if she does not have a doll yet! The wooden drop-side dolls cot my Dad built for me is still in the attic just waiting for another little girl to play with it and I think this quilt may just be the right scale. What do you think don't they look cute?
On October 8th I attended a workshop with Katherine Guerrier  (details here Here) with some of the girls from SVQ, the workshop was entitled 'Scrap Quilts for the Fabric Collector' and was just the thing, I thought, to reduce my scraps even further. We had a great day and this is what I managed to make (despite my Machine playing up long story...)
 The A Block
and another 'A'  Block

The 'B' block
I have yet to make the 'C' block but the fabric is cut ready to sew, (very small pieces).  The starting point is 1/2 square triangles which are made using 4" squares cut down to 3 1/2" after sewing, then the smaller blocks are sewn and added in to the centres and the even smaller ones are added as and where you think fit.  I have cut a load more 4" squares and plan to make more blocks whenever I have the time/inclination to sew something quick.
I am still planning to finish some more UFO's but the next project awaiting my attention has not yet 'jumped' out of the UFO box yet.
Well that's about it for tonight, I'm off to watch that programe and then it's 'beddy byes'  for me
Night night all!
Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment