Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Monday 15 November 2010

Late Night Musings

It's about 1.30am and I had to get up! All these ideas going round in my head means I can't sleep, I have Christmas presents for 6 children to make, I decided to make them a cushion each to go on their beds and have some ideas in mind for each of them. The two eldest (age 11 & 7) will have a space theme, for the 31/2 yr old twins I will use some applique pictures depicting Nursery rhymes, and I have embroidered a candlewick panel of Sunbonnet Sue with Patchwork borders for the only girl (age 8), the youngest aged 6 months will get a soft toy, based on a crazy patchwork elephant I made sometime ago tho probably not in 'Crazy' work.  Meanwhile 2 of the children have birthdays in the next week, I have made L a little bag based on Martha Thompson's 'Square Dance' designs and added some pretty yarn and a pair of needles as I promised to teach her to knit. J her eldest brother wants a torch to use when he is at camp with the Scouts so I'll nip out tomorrow and get him an un-breakable one if I can.
I'll post pictures of the other items when they are made.

On Wednesday I'll be going to one of the 3 quilts groups I belong to, Severn Valley Quilters, is a group of 43 ladies from around our area, we hold monthly meetings during which we have short workshops or  a speaker, finishing up with a cup of tea/coffee and time for a chat. This months workshop is to make a sunflower pin-cushion which sounds good (can't have too many pin-cushions Eh!) We have a sewing afternoon once a month and a full Saturday sewing session 3 times a year. Our members enjoy day workshops with visiting Tutors, and we have had workshops with Susan Briscoe, Judy Mendelsshon and Jan Hassard to name a few.
Well the clock says 2.30am so I'll try going back to bed.
Night Night All!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment