Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Fun at the Party!


The scarves
Well! what a great time we all had at Clock Tower Quilters Christmas
party on Saturday, I was late arriving due to an appointment with my Mum,
when I got there everyone was in high spirits, we had invited a lady who
sells scarves, bags and Jewellery which is hand made by villagers in
Kathmandu, Nepal, (where she lives with her Nepalese Husband)
Wendy who is English sells these items while she is here visiting
family and the proceeds go back to the village where it is used to support
the village school  and a hospital for Children with Childhood Cancer/
Leukaemia. Everything looked wonderful and it was difficult to choose
what to buy in the end I decided on two scarves, two pairs of
earrings, and an embroidered bag. The scarves are so soft and
have the feel of Pashmina silk, I plan to use some items as
presents but the bag, is for me! I just love all the embroidery. I felt
this was a good way to help the cause of supporting the hospital and
giving the villagers a chance to earn some money for their families.



Bag Back

Bag Front

Embroidery Detail



The earrings

 When we stopped for lunch, the table was 'groaning with all the delicious food. Everyone brought many homemade delights for us to sample and we all ate far too much! After we had eaten it was time to exchange our gifts (see mine below) I'm pleased to report that the Sofa caddy I made was received with great delight by Mollie, who was amazed that I had her colour scheme exactly right. Of course having eaten all that food  not much sewing got done after lunch.




Secret Santa



And this little chappie is my gift, isn't he just the cutest, He was made
for me by Kerry who does everything by hand and I have pictured
him in his place of honour on my mantle-shelf he has a little sack of
'goodies' including a tree, a teddy bear, a gingerbread man, a hobby
horse and two teeny tiny gifts all wrapped with love, I can't wait to
put him out at Christmas and introduce him to the Santa I made last
year which will also sit on my fireplace.
Well I had better go I hope to finish Eli's Elephant today while DH is
off helping a friend with a bit of work in their garden, I just wanted to
show you all my 'goodies' from Saturday.
Byeee!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment