Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Tuesday 27 May 2014

I'm wondering....

...if this should be a knitting blog! 'cos the last post was heavy on the knitting front and I have been thinking that's mostly what I seem to do these days, what with knitting being another passion in my life. So these are some items I finished recently and I thought I would show you before they go off to the preemie unit at the local hospital. Are you ready to say awww!!!
Beanie Hats
Incubator Vests small fits 10" chest, larger one 12"
Matinee Coat & Hat
Cardigan & Hat
But then today I had the sudden urge to do some hand sewing, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to do patchwork, embroidery or some hand quilting and started to look for inspiration. I decided I would make something else for the Love Hearts Tombola at the at the NEC in August as I've only made a couple of needle books so far
I looked on their website and found this design for an applique wall-hanging by Jane Spolar of Quilt Poetry but featured under patterns from Janome whom it would seem use her designs.
Not wanting to do intricate applique I decided not to enlarge it but to use it for a red-work pattern, then thought if I added some wadding and used red thread to quilt it, it may look quite effective. This is what came from that thought process, the fabric is a piece of good quality shirting
it's actually  a bit darker than this more like shade No 47 in the Anchor range.
the thread is a large reel of shiny thread bought somewhere in a bag of random bits so I have no idea what it is.
 Have to go for now be back  real soon...
L
 Back again!!
...Today after the usual chores of cooking lunch etc, I sat in the conservatory (despite the rain thundering on the roof!!) and did some more stitching to the Red work/quilting project, I found the above mentioned thread too heavy for the finer areas (flowers & ribbons) so I used Anchor No 47 which was a good match and this is as far as I've got today..

Bye for now
Lx


No comments:

Post a Comment