Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Monday 29 July 2013

Luverly weather we're having!!

Well its an age since I was here, but for the time being I'm back, I've been having loads of trouble with my 'tinternet' connection lots of annoying screen freezes or not being able to log on so I have decided that I really will must get a proper connection from a proper company soon....so despite what it says date-wise at the top of this post it was early July when I started to write this ..See I said I was having problems!!!
We are just about to go away again. so I decided I should catch up on the blog before I go, DH is snoozin in the garden and the sewing room is like an oven but here we are. As mentioned last time, I taught a workshop at the lovely Shire Stitchers on 29th June, and though I retired last year I was happy to do this as I planned to donate my fee to the Hospice where John died earlier this year. It was good day, I've taught there before and they are a lovely group so I was looking forward to going again. I managed to arrive on time (just) after getting 'lost', I think I went left instead of right somewhere :-( ) and we were soon under way, only 6 ladies present due to holidays etc, but I had a good day and most of them were well on the way to a quilt top by the end of the day. I'm afraid I didn't write down which quilt belonged to who but here are some pictures of the girls hard at work and some of their quilts under construction taken by Gill after my camera batteries 'died'.
Well I'm giving up for today as I can't load the pictures so I'll try again when its cooler.
Much, much later Pictures as promised

Gill pause for thought!
Sewing like the wind!
 Welsh Dragons.
Fun Prints
 Large prints
 Sweet Peas
Seaside Prints
Well its time for lunch so I'll say byee for now, back later.
L


No comments:

Post a Comment