Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Saturday 24 March 2012

Busy! Busy! Busy

What a busy time I have been having of late, Wedding Anniversary, workshops booked, plus a swimming session with Little H, but sewing needed to be been high on the agenda. The 15th was our 37th Anniversary,  no problem there as DH rarely remembers so I planned a whole day of sewing, followed by a committee meeting of SVQ here, or so I thought! Over breakfast I was presented with a card, very pretty lovely verse etc, big hug and thanks all round, then jokingly I ask what time the bouquet would arrive Oh! in about 10 minutes came the reply, a short while later DH goes off to the garden and comes back with said bouquet (he had it hidden in the caravan) well! it was a bunch of Chrysanthemums actually but who cares, as he hands them over he casually says he wants to take me out to lunch as well, now this was a big huge mega surprise and I'm thinking I don't have time for this! :-0 (remember a day of sewing was high on my agenda) so I gently suggest that as I am working all day tomorrow perhaps we could go out for our tea when I get home. He looks crestfallen and says in a little voice (and I quote) 'but our anniversary is today and I did remember!' OK says I, we can fit this in, so after a quick shower and little bit of sewing we go off for our lunch to a nice  pub and enjoy some lovely food (& PUDS). On my return feeling a little guilty about leaving DH on his own downstairs after all his efforts I again retreat to the workroom to sew. 
From left Anniversary Bouquet & Mothers day flowers from DS & DD respectively
On 16th I was taking a Hand sewn Victorian crazy workshop with a WI group, my plan was they would make the patchwork during the morning session, then make a start on the embroidery after lunch. The day started early as they needed to to fit in around school runs for some of the students, meaning I loaded the car and left home at 8.15am. by 9.15 we were set up and ready to go. There was quite a bit of chatting among the 'girls' (the youngest was 14) throughout the morning as they sewed,  it was all nice and calm (apart from the chatter!) we broke for a quick lunch but after some were still working on the patchwork. They all seemed to be enjoying it, when suddenly out of the blue someone asked if we could do it again! (So much for retirement but Hey who cares?) so I am booked to go back in April, to get the embroidery done.
17th was CTQ and DD rang to ask if she could call in and see me there to drop off her gift for Sunday, of course not much sewing got done once she arrived, but I did get some 5 1/2" squares cut to start a play mat for a new baby who arrived earlier in the week (more on that later) Little H was on her best behavior and had all the girls cooing at her, to which she responded with big gummy smiles. My Mothers day card was super, especially made and contained a photo of said GD in her new activity centre.
Monday 19th was my turn to treat my Mum, so I took her off to the pub for lunch (same pub, same 'delish' food and puds!!) On 20th I was going with DD to take little H for her 1st swimming session while DH looked after the boys. All went well with little one splashing away, kicking her legs like she had been doing this all her life but she seemed to be thinking that while it was all good fun and very interesting it was a VERY Big bath LOL.
The next few days were quiet, and the view from my window was of warm sun so off into the garden goes I cup of tea in hand, I sit on the garden bench in the sun thinking about what I needed to do this week and then the thought occurred that this really is my little piece of heaven, (my sewing room is upstairs on the left)
Home sweet Home
Primroses
Tulips
Look at those colours
Our Pond
Today I was teaching a workshop at the Girl Guide County Training day, I have not done this before so it was a very interesting exercise. It was held in an area of Bristol which I am not familiar with so, I put my trust in the Sat Nav and set off. Having arrived safely I was directed to where I was teaching a Funky Chicken workshop, we all had a good time and some very interesting chickens made their debut...here are some of the ladies at work and the results of 2 hours stitching.


In an earlier post I showed you some chickens I made earlier and the fabrics for my a Crazy Chicken, which I decided to make as a sample for today and for next Wednesday when I am doing this workshop at SVQ, so here she is my version of a Rhode Island Red,
Left side


I had great fun making her although DH says with that tail it must be a cockerel. I am going to Challenge the ladies at quilters to bring their completed chickens to the April meeting for show and tell and I will give a little prize to the one which get the most votes. I took all 5 of mine to WPQ for Show and tell last week and having shown them to a friend at my Slimming group whom I get my eggs from, I had offers to sell two of them! Well I better sign off or this could become a short story instead of a post!
See you all soon, bye for now
Lorraine.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Lorraine for a lovely afternoon at County Day making a funky chicken, i have not done any sewing like this for years and thoroughly enjoyed myself and i am very pleased with my results

    Sharron Ley
    1st Stoke Lodge Guides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaz, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I too had a great time with all of you at the workshop and I do hope to 'bump into you again' sometime.
      L

      Delete
  2. well here goes again not sure why these are not showing maybe its my ineptitude on the machine love the post D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D
      Your comments are getting through, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete