Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Monday 29 August 2011

Make it on Sunday & Monday!!

Just thought I would share a couple of things with you all. While looking at other peoples blogs I've been seeing lots loads of Mug Rugs out there but, until now have not made one, well! while H was here for a weekend of sewing I needed a small project to work on while she was busy with her sewing, she is getting very good with her sewing skills now and will work quite happily once she is told/shown what to do. Soo the object of this post is to show you what I made, several weeks ago you may remember I started to sort out the Scrap Bag, I used some bits for my hexie project (I'm still stitching fabric over papers, in fact I seem to be a bit hooked on that  in the evenings!!) I also used some larger 2" pieces to make a small  machine pieced block using bright fabrics. In my usual manner when  I am bored, I just started to sew them together in pairs, then 4's, then joined four 4patches together ending up with a 6 1/2"  block, better stop I said to myself and get organized, so over the w/e, I decided a Mug Rug would be just the thing for a small project and this is what I ended up with in between helping H.

                                   
 
I used the exercise to practice a bit of Free machine quilting which I was quite pleased with, then during another quiet spell I decided that this would be an ideal fun gift for Jane our Slimming World consultant who is leaving us tomorrow evening, and after a bit of thought and discussion with H about a suitable design this is what we came up with.


Jane has been a constant source of encouragement and inspiration and has helped all the group members  (over 90 people including men) to lose weight successfully during the 18 months she has been running the group and is always telling us to eat more fruit & Veggies etc. I used bondaweb Applique and a bit of wax crayon 'art' and have too say I am very pleased with the end results, I finished binding it about an hour ago and thought I would share it with you all straight away. I hope Jane likes it. If you would like to see what I did I'll post the process next time. Right now I'm off too bed!!! 
Nighty Night.
Lorraine


1 comment:

  1. I love your mug rugs. I have made a few and I love making bags. I hope to go to Tiki patchworks in Surrey tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete