Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Saturday, 15 November 2014

I have been trying to...

...write this post for almost a week on the laptop but it has had an attack of  'I'll write anything you want but don't ask me to load pictures too' itus. However my sewing mojo seems to be alive and well once more! So this is a picture heavy post to bring you up to date. During the last week I finished 2 projects. The Kantha is done, and now looks like this
 Couched strands of thread over a circle of gold sheer which came with the kit, the ends are loose to allow some movement.
 I found a steel washer and decided to couch it on using blanket stitch
 The whole piece finished, (5" x 17.5") I added some cream cotton fabric to the back to cover all the untidy ends of thread and left a gap to act as a hanging sleeve where I also wrote the label using a pigma pen. I called it 'Kontempory Kantha'
Next up is  my design for Christmas Shadow quilting  needed as a sample for the workshop at S.V.Q.on Wednesday evening. The ladies will only use one of the motifs during the workshop and I will suggest they put it in an aperture card or use it as a tree decoration.
Christmas Pud
Tree- I added beads to look like lights once the stitching was done
Bauble - with Ric Rac braid and French knots
The completed wall hanging is called 'Christmas Shadows' and looks like this (6 1/2" x 15" ) 
Iv'e also made great progress on the Row robin (See post on October 21st) the quilting is done, there are 6 rows and 6 techniques were originally set so this is what I've done
 Row 1 - Squares 10" wide
  Row 2 - Triangles 6" wide
 Row 3 - originators Free Choice Block - I chose 'Farmers Daughter' 10" wide
 Row 4 Strips 8" wide
 Row 5 Applique 8"
Row 6 Free Choice 10" wide.
There should have been one more 6" wide row but one girl dropped out. Earlier this week I decided to trim it up ready for binding. Well you would have had a good laugh, the only place I could do it was the on workroom floor so there was I trying to fit in between all the piles of 'stuff', chuckling away and thought I would give you an idea of the predicament I was in!:-)))
as you can see there's not a lot of room, for a 44" x 65" quilt, but with careful manipulation I got it done.  Having decided long ago to use strips from some of the fabrics in the quilt, I cut the binding strips yesterday, and sewed them together and sewed them on today, again working with NOT MUCH ROOM!!
my machine is very close to the wall so there's not much space for the quilt to move into as it goes under the machine but it's on and I hope to sew some of it tonight when I have completed this marathon blog post.
Well that's it for this time folks, I'm off to do some hand stitching in front of the telly.

1 comment:

  1. "Cramped" doesn't begin to describe your situation. Great progress!!! Kudos to you!! Lookin' good!!!!! Hugs.................