Quote

Remember - Its not the length of your life that's important - it's the depth.

Wednesday 13 March 2019

March Already!!

Hello Readers, 
As I sit here in my armchair Storm Gareth continues to batter the UK with force along the coastline, it's very windy here but we are far enough from the coast to be protected from the worst. But all the Spring flowers are in bloom and we have frog spawn in the pond  so things must be getting brighter - aren't they?
Its now almost a month since I last posted and I am happy to report that my crafting Mojo has been re-discovered, it was finally found in the chaos that was my sewing room. I found the Project Linus quilt I had been in the process of binding, under a pile of 'stuff'.  So it came downstairs and during some lovely warm weather we had in February I was able to sit in the conservatory and do some hand sewing, which I found very calming. So finished, it looks like this. 
Pink Stars
Spurred on by this and the encouragement of crafty friends I vowed to make an effort to get back to normality. 
I went to Clock Towers Quilter at the beginning of the February, and although I stayed all day I did no sewing. I also returned to Severn Valley Quilters and due to finishing the quilt I actually had some 'show and tell'.

My knitting mojo also returned and in the last month I have made 3 Beanie Hats. 








































Made from a basic pattern designed by the lovely Tina of Looby Lou Yarns and knitted in the round, I vary the stitch count to fit the patterns which makes them individual. I love the way the decreases on the crown forms a pattern. 
Having only a little of the Beige yarn left I added some bright green. The hat on the right above is a plain Navy, tho it looks black in the picture. I'm currently trying to make it look less 'boring' with some embroidery so I'll update you when its done.

I currently have 3 projects on the needles, I always have more than one to suit all situations... I've cast on the back of a vintage style sweater, this I work on in the early mornings when its just me and the cat and I can concentrate on the pattern, which isn't difficult but involves a bit of counting. For when I'm watching TV there is a scarf in garter stitch, with a decrease/increase system to vary the shape (more on that later too!) And of course there is the inevitable Beanie Hat, BUT! for this one I'm using the 'magic loop' method, which I am finding sooo much easier than using 4 needles and means I can knit on the bus while travelling to hospital appointments (the journey takes an hour each way!) or at the coffee shop and I don't have to worry about dropping a needle. My knitting goes everywhere with me, tucked at the bottom of my bag, and the beanie pattern is perfect for that, and for taking to Knit and Knatter groups where concentration is always at a premium. 
As you may have noticed the hats are modeled by 'Eddy' whom I mentioned in my post in December. She was looking a little grubby and in need of a re-vamp and so I decided to update her with some decoupage. I have lots of little fabric samples from way back and thought I would try using them. picked out the clover pinks and made a start, glue-ing them in place with a thin coat of Modge Podge. Today at U3A Craft Club I continued and she is almost completed. I'm hoping to finish it off tomorrow and once dry I'll share the result with you all.



Well friends I guess that's it for tonight I hope you enjoyed my 'ramblings'. Do leave me a comment if your reading this I do love to hear from you, but for now I'll sign off.
Take care
Lx








No comments:

Post a Comment