included some sewing but well you know how these things are.......... I had to go out to the Post Office to get the Coaster swap on its way and pick up a few things for Mum and suddenly 2 hours had gone by, I spent a little while with Mum, came home for lunch and then up to the workroom and OMG the floor was a mess.... out came the vac and it now looks much better! but.... as SVQ have a small exhibition at the local Flower Show next week I thought I should check for urgent emails and have a look at a blog I heard about today and suddenly its 5pm and I have not sewn a stitch!!! So I thought I would come over here and chat to all you quilters out there, first up another finish is ready to share, knitting this time not sewing but I am quite proud of this as it's the biggest thing I've ever made using 4 ply yarn.
This is the baby blanket I told you about a few posts ago, its a really easy pattern but I found it needed a little concentration, The picture of the detail is a little hard to see but basically the wider stocking stitch areas (over 11sts) form little diamond shapes with 6 rows of garter stitch and 6 of moss stitch in blocks (over 6sts) between. I intend to enter it in the show next week plus a few other bits and pieces if I can. I have loads more of the yarn and hopefully I'll make another one and adjust the pattern slightly so that it's the same but different (if that makes sense!).
I have large project on my design wall (for design wall read 'pinned to the wallpaper'!!!) Some of you may remember a post in late Aug 2011 about some Round Robin Random Log Cabin Blocks to turn into charity quilts at SVQ.. well I went on making 6.5" blocks from my scraps but finally I've decided it's time to stop and join them together, I started by joining them into fours and once I had 9 larger blocks, I then decided to 'break them up' with some solid blue sashing and sashing squares, unfortunately as they have been made over a long time some of them have stretched a little, plus some were sewn by hand and the rest on 3 different sewing machines so the 1/4" seems to vary. I will have to adjust the sashing to fit, but so far its not going to badly.
I am quite pleased with the way its working out I know the red centres are not all in the same place but I hope that adds to the randomness of the project and I think it will probably go to the Children's Charity project at SVQ later this year as its bright and colourful. Now all I have to do is decide what to do with the other 119 x 6.5" blocks that are left!! I had not realised how many I had made, Oh well! back to the drawing board! as they say.
Well that's all for now.
see you all soon.